Following the example set by Dino over at Chaosbunker, starting last month, I will abide by a simple rule:
Every month I have a budget of $25 for my hobby.
The June purchase was appropriate Campaign: D-Day: US Sector – the latest Bolt Action supplement book. I’m always excited for a new Campaign book and US Sector is no exception. We at the Chicago Dice Team are all aboard the hype train with this book. As I’m sure you can surmise from the Hot Take, we like this book a lot. The hobby fires have been lit with Team members all going in on a US Sector inspired force (6th FJ, US Rangers, SAS).
|April||$13||Stug Ridders ($12)|
|May||-$5||Zodiac Kickstater ($15), Jaws Board Game ($15)|
|June||$1||Campaign: D-Day: US Sector ($24)|
Three months down and I’m hanging in there with the commitment. Hold. Hoooooold.
This little light does work! It has three different light modes; warm, cold and mixed. It does not come with a power charger, but the included cable is USB and we all have many of those lying around. Marc Maron nailed it…
And now, I’m saving up for the release of Age of Sigmar 3.0…
|May||$10.05||PoweredPlay circuit board ($14.95)|
|June||$14.01||Ring Linght ($10.99)|
As I have accumulated a huge amount of things in my “Pile of Shame” and the addiction of buying more things is pretty crippling, I decided to join Andrew and Jeremy. I want to slowly work through all of my existing miniatures and projects. Just as a small addition, my Backlog of bought items contains of approximately:
- 120+ Spectre miniatures in 28mm (some primed, some untouched)
- 150+ unpainted (primed and built) German, British, Partisan and US Bolt Action miniatures
- 35+ unpainted (primed and built) German, British, Partisan & US Bolt Action vehicles
- 2x 1/48 scale WW2 German airplane model kits (Stuka and another one)
- 3x armies for Cruel Seas, unpainted (Soviet, British and German)
- Full unpainted British (BAOR) and Soviet MR Army for Battlegroup: NORTHAG (Cold War 10mm)
- 40+ unpainted Frostgrave warband and monster miniatures and several untouched boxes
- Bunch of unpainted terrain in all scales.
- 50+ 15mm WW2 miniatures (for a Bolt Action “On the Road” project)
- 35+ 20mm WW2 Miniatures (Bolt Action experiment)
- And probably many more I am not recalling right now.
Though my limit will be 25,- €, as I live in Germany, I will have a special addition. For everything wargame hobby related I’ll manage to sell (like existing boxes or painted up armies) it will add towards the next month and overall amount for spending.
For June I had a must buy item in my list – the latest Campaign book from Warlord Games, D-Day: US Sectors, which cost me 19.98€ and left me with 5,02€ for the month.
The left over cash I will be saving for July, which will be added to the next available 25,-€.
I would be lying if I said I don’t know on what I will spend those funds the next month 😀 Though that will remain a secret until the next Installment of 12 Months, 25 Dollars.
|June||5.02€||Campaign: D-Day: US Sectors (19.98€ )|
The Fine Print
The $25 per month limit applies to models, paint and supplies. It does not apply to event tickets or travel costs.