Draft Rules – These event rules are not final and are subject to change. No changes will be made after Jan. 15, 2022.
In Teams of two, players will participate in a total of three games. Each player will have their own Order Dice for their force. There will be four colors of Order Dice in the bag. One color for each player.
Army building requirements
- Teams must be composed of nations that allied during World War II. A Team cannot be Germany and Great Britain. A Team can be Poland and Great Britain.
- A Team is between 2-4 Platoons.
- 1 Platoon may be an Armored Platoon.
- Theater Selectors are allowed. If a Player’s force contains multiple Platoons, each Platoon must use the same Theater Selectors.
- A Team is 1,400pts max. Players can split the points between forces however they would like.
- A Team is 18 Order Dice max. Players can split the Order Dice between forces however they would like.
- Theater Selectors: Unless otherwise noted, all Theater Selectors from all Campaign and Theater books are allowed. Players are encouraged to build forces using a Theater Selector.
- The Leadership Standard: The Morale level of the Lieutenant must be equal to or greater than the Morale level of the majority of the units in the platoon (rounding up).
- Officers: The Officer in each player’s force only affects (Morale bonus, Snap To) the units in that force. Meaning, Player A’s 2nd Lt grants no Morale Bonus to Player B’s units.
- Free Units: Only one Player per Team receives the free units for each unique nation included in the Team. Both Players will receive their free units if playing a different nation.
- Example: If both Players on a Team play British, only one Player gets the free Artillery Observer.
- Example: Player A (Great Britain) gets a free British Artillery Observer, and Player B (France) gets a free French AT Gun/Howitzer.
- Note: Commonwealth forces of India, South Africa and New Zealand are considered “Great Britain” for purposes of free units. Canada and Australia are a considered a unique nation for purposed of free units.
- Best Appearance Consideration: For a Team to be considered for Best Appearance, both player’s forces must be within 100pts of each other (the max split is 650pts – 750pts).
Turret Jam: The Turret Jam rule will not be used.
The Club Challenge
The Club Cup is on the line! The Club with the most points across Combat Patrol and Doubles will earn the honor of bringing the Cup home. The score from the top four players (Combat Patrol) and top two Team (Doubles) in each Club will count towards the Club’s total points. The Club with the highest number of total points wins the Club Cup.
Players can submit their Club along with their Army List or on the day of the event.
Players will participate in a total of three doubles games. Each game will be 2.5 hours long. Match-ups will be predetermined for Games One and Two. The Game Three match-up will be based on Battle Points. Axis vs Allies match-ups will be made whenever possible.
The schedule is a work in progress and not final.
- 8:00 – 8:45 am – Check in
- 8:45 – 9:00 am – Welcome and Operation Briefing
- 9:00 – 11:30 am – Game 1
- 11:30 – 12:30 pm – Lunch Break: Favorite Army vote
- 12:30 – 3:00 pm – Game 2
- 3:00 – 3:15 pm – Break: Favorite Table vote
- 3:15 – 5:45 pm – Game 3
- 5:45 – 6:00 pm – Scoring and Awards
The scoring breakdown is a work in progress and not final.
The overall score for each Team is a combination of:
- Battle Points
- Paint Points
- Sports Points
- Best Sports – Team with highest Sportsmanship score
- Best Allied Generals – Team with highest Allied Battle score
- Best Axis Generals – Team with highest Axis Battle score
- Best Painted – Team with highest Paint score
- Players Choice – Team with most Favorite Army votes
- Best Battlefield – Table with most Favorite Table votes
Army List Submission
Players are required to submit Army Lists in advance for review. Failure to submit Lists by the deadline will result in a points deduction. Lists are due by Sunday, March 6, 2022. Submit to Andrew and Ben at ChicagoDiceTeam@gmail.com.
Note on EasyArmy – We all use it, we all love it. But double check those lists against the book.