Draft Rules – These event rules are not final and are subject to change. No changes will be made after Jan. 15, 2022.
Bolt Action: Combat Patrol is a three-game tournament focused on smaller battle between recon elements. Each of the three rounds are only 90 minutes and games are played on a 4×4 table. Effective Combat Patrol forces will find the right balance of speed and firepower.
Army Building Requirements
- Instead of using a Generic Reinforced Platoon or a Theater Selector, all player must use the Combat Patrol Platoon.
- A Combat Patrol Platoon contains units from one Nation selected from the Armies of… and Campaign… books.
- Your force must be formed using a single Combat Patrol Platoon.
- A Combat Patrol Platoon is 450pts max.
- A Combat Patrol Platoon is 8 Order Dice max.
Combat Patrol Platoon
The platoon is made up as follows:
1 Lieutenant (First or Second)
2 Infantry Squads
0-3 Infantry Squads
0-1 Machine Gun Team
0-1 Mortar Team
0-1 Anti-tank Team
0-1 Sniper Team
0-1 Flamethrower Team
0-1 Artillery, Anti-Tank or Anti-Aircraft gun
0-1 Armored Car or Recce vehicle: Armor 8 max
0-1 Tank, Tank Destroyer, Assault Gun, Self-Propelled Artillery and Anti-Aircraft Vehicle: Armor 8 max
Transport and Tows
0-3 Vehicles: Armor 7 max
Combat Patrol Platoon Special Rules
- No free units or equipment of any kind (free British Artillery Observer, free Soviet Inexperienced squad, free Schützen squad LMG, etc.)
- The Leadership Standard: The Morale level of the Lieutenant must be equal to or greater than the Morale level of the majority of the units in the platoon (rounding up).
- No weapons with HE 3” or HE 4”
- Maximum of 1 flamethrower
- No vehicle-mounted flamethrowers
- Maximum of 3 vehicles
- The M3 Stuart tank is allowed, but cannot be given the additional hull-mounted LMGs
- No “Special Characters” or War Reporters allowed
Turret Jam: The Turret Jam rule will not be used.
The Club Challenge
The Club Cup is on the line! The Club with the most points across Combat Patrol and Doubles will earn the honor of bringing the Cup home. The score from the top four players (Combat Patrol) and top two Team (Doubles) in each Club will count towards the Club’s total points. The Club with the highest number of total points wins the Club Cup.
Players can submit their Club along with their Army List or on the day of the event.
Players will participate in a total of three games. Each game will be 1.5 hours long. Match-ups will be predetermined for Games 1. The Game 2 and Game 3 match-ups will be based on Battle Points. Axis vs Allies match-ups will be made whenever possible.
Have a grudge to settle? Want to challenge an old friend to battle? That’s what Game 1 is for! As long as both players agree, let Andrew know and he will get your matched up for Game 1.
The schedule is a work in progress and not final.
4:00pm – 4:30pm – Check In
4:30pm – 6:00pm – Game 1
6:00pm – 6:30pm – Break and Favorite Army voting
6:30pm – 8:00pm – Game 2
8:00pm – 8:15pm – Break
8:15pm – 9:45pm – Game 3
9:45pm – 10:15pm – Scoring and awards
The scoring breakdown is a work in progress and not final.
The overall score for each player is a combination of:
- Battle Points
- Paint Points
- Sports Points
Army List Submission
Players are required to submit Army Lists in advance for review. Failure to submit Lists by the deadline will result in a points deduction. Lists are due by Sunday, Feb. 27, 2022. Submit to Andrew at ChicagoDiceTeam@gmail.com.
Note on EasyArmy – We all use it, we all love it. But double check those lists against the book.